Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hales Corners CX-WI State Championships

photo by jeffkao
We had some great weather this weekend for racing. Hales Corners is a great course. It has everything, sand, climbing, bumpy terrain, pavement, downhills, slick off camber turns, open stretches and a great set of spectators!


As we got off the line Sam got the hole shot followed by Meghan then me. I decided that there was enough straight away to make my way to the front so I got out of the saddle and sprinted to get the first left turn. I then led the first lap and halfway through the second lap when Sam came around to take a pull. As for the all of the races when Sam takes a pull she drops us and of course this happened but I had a gap on Meghan that grew and got smaller throughout the race. This was the order we came in at the end. Sam, me, Meghan. Since I don't have the WI house address on my licence, Meghan got the silver and Katy got bronze. I still got the nice $100 bill for 2nd though! I then hung out with the Pegasus crew and ate some tasty soup from their new sponsor. Kevin put in a great performance and took 3rd. (his report to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment