Friday, September 4, 2009

My Meltdown











Because something is amiss with the killjoy site I am going to be doing my race report here. It will be short and sweet since it has been almost a week since the race.

I lined up in the midst of all the boys not afraid of getting a little jostled. This worked well for me last year and I knew I'd be able to hold my own at the start. I also figured it would be good to take a few elbows in preparation for cross season.

First lap I settled in behind Gage in the singletrack. There was a nice train of us and everyone was doing a great job on keeping it steady and smooth. This was also my fastest lap out of the 3. Here you can see me behind Gage going into one of the ravines.

The second lap was going really well until I felt my legs getting that crampy feeling coming on. I made sure to drink and was able to spin the feeling away. Jeremy was awesome with handups as they were really needed going into the third lap. Speaking of handups, whatever Jeremy gave to Gage, all of a sudden he comes flying by like he just started the race. It was crazy fast and he was out of my sight in an instant.
That last lap was 2 minutes slower than my first two. It was more because I was told I had about 10 minutes until the next lady and really had nothing pushing me to really go. I was able to pass a few more fellas, which is always fun, and grab a HA beer as I was making my way to the finish line. It was really cool to know that Kevin won the men's race, as last year we both came in 2nd. Two big trophies, gossiping with great friends, fun fast singletrack and a race less than 30 miles from our house is priceless. Thanks CAMBR for a great race yet again!












No comments:

Post a Comment