Tuesday, September 22, 2009

No Throwing Up & Not 1st




No excuses from me. I was out raced the last 3 minutes at Jackson Park to come in 2nd. Jess made a great move and it stuck. Can't say I'm not disappointed but that's racing.

Instead of a play by play of the race, I am going to give the positives and the negatives as this is the start of a long season and there will be plenty of race reports ahead.

POSITIVES
  • I had a great start and got the "hole shot"
photos by Gavin
  • Not puking, but coming pretty close at the end of the race


  • The sand. I love sand! (yeah, not really sand, it was baseball diamond dirt)
  • Twisty technical course
  • The rush of Enervitine Cheer packs
  • Everyone cheering their heads off

  • Seeing friends, ringing bells, and screaming my head off
  • Getting the first race done and realizing that I am in pretty strong form

  • Lapping riders and not getting caught by the 3s that started 2 waves ahead
  • GIRLING THE CAT 3 MEN!

NEGATIVES

  • Pre race nerves made for too many bathroom and porta potty trips

  • Race shorts feel too tight

  • Way too paranoid to wear my skinsuit for fear of looking like a stuffed sausage

  • These stupid little log things that just made me cringe as my rims would hit them

  • Starting behind the 50+ men. Seriously annoying and beyond frustrating!
  • Tape that was the same level as my handlebars
  • Leading the race for 42 minutes and coming in 2nd
  • Not getting our race results (still no results posted)

  • STARTING BEHIND THE 50+ MEN!

1 comment: