Sunday, October 11, 2009

Grafton

I got 2nd, Holly 3rd. I think Mike Hemme took 6th. Alot of people in Ohio but there were some fast racers out today.

Fast course, 1 barrier section, easier cornering with some elevation changes and sand pit and a hill climb. Hitting the hill 11 times was tough but atleast there was a fast descent. Had sluggish legs first 3 laps like Madison but I had a good start falling in behind Brian Conant. He pulled really well first 3 laps and I had trouble staying with him but he let up a bit and I sat on. Legs responded lap 4. Noticed Brian's pace slowed a bit and but we had about 20 second gap and felt the chase group was closing so started taking pull through. I pretty much pulled the last 5 laps, which was a mistake on my part, and Brian nailed it on the hill and opened a gap. Wasn't like last week where my legs felt like unlimited amount of power but I hope I've opened them up for the Dan Ryan Woods race Sunday. It's hard to keep up with training, riding when I have to travel to that sewer called New York city every week.

Registered for Nationals over weekend. To put it bluntly, the website experience for registration sucked. Could not get into website at 12 EDT after already having it ready to refresh on my PC. Given the popularity of our sport, you would think the race promoter might want to invest in a dedicated service not shared in some 15 year old's basement. Luckily, USA Cycling has found a way to create some merit consideration with Nationals racing so they moved the Cat1 racers in front of the line, so I am sitting in 25th which should be 2nd line based on 13 riders each row.

1 comment: