Monday, October 5, 2009

Lapham

I like the Wisconsin courses much better, they just have the terrain for it and have more liberties in terms of use of the venue. But man, they really love high barriers here, each set was sitting 4 inches above the ground.

We had a 2 mile loop, mostly double track dirt with off camber corners. The cornering sections were mowed long grass which made the ground super soft and kept losing traction with my front tire. There was a hill climb (rideable) that seems to be a part of every course.

At the USGP I felt like I could not get on top of my bike, whereas this week, when we got the lap marker for 5 more, felt like I could do 10. After James Lalonde lead out a nice start, I attacked on the 2nd lap to break things up a little bit and knew James would stay with it. I had trouble staying with James on the hillclimb and he was cornering better through the mowed corners. Did not have to redline my efforts through the double track and did not think attacking would shake him since he was riding really strong everywhere on the course. He got me at the end and then put in a nice effort to keep the gap open. We had atleast 2 minutes on the field.

Field seemed pretty thin due to the WORS race. With the usual suspects present, maybe would have had 5th or 6th. Just glad to have really good legs today.

Not sure what Holly was thinking. Spend all weekend drinking, start 45 seconds back at your own race, then ride into 3rd. Must be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment